Wednesday, February 23, 2011

LOVE SONNET

When we were dating back in 1996, my husband wrote me this sonnet. It made me fall in love with him all over again.

I kissed you once and held you close to me,
Prettiest girl that I had ever held.
I surely loved you sweet and tenderly.
And our two hearts together seemed to meld.
We loved too young and that was even lost
because so much was pulling us apart.
And yet we can't forget our stars have crossed,
We've held each other deep within our hearts.
Someday perhaps, these stars will meet again
And crash, exploding in a blazing light.
That so will heat our passions as a pain,
That groans within soft comfort of warm night.
How many years we could have spent in bliss?
How many are sweet kisses that we missed?
                               Love, David

No comments:

Post a Comment