Thursday, July 12, 2012

WHEN TOMORROW STARTS WITHOUT ME


I found this poem in a newspaper a few months ago and thought I would write it on my blog for everyone to see. It pertains to alot of people that we have lost and I can relate to it. I don't know the author so if anyone knows, please let me know.

"WHEN TOMORROW STARTS WITHOUT ME"

When that tomorrow started without me-and I wasn't there to see-
and when the sun rose and found your eyes all filled with tears for me.
I wished so much you wouldn't have cried, the way ya'll did that day,
while thinking of the many things-we didn't get a chance to say.

I knew how much ya'll loved me just as much as I loved you,
and each time that you thought of me, I knew you would miss me too.
But when those tomorrows start without me-please try to understand
that an angel came and called my name and took me by the hand,
and told me my place was ready, in Heaven far above
and that I'd have to leave behind all those I dearly loved.

But as I turned to walk away, a tear fell from my eye,
for all my life, I'd always thought I didn't want to die.
I had so much to live for, so much left yet to do-
It seemed almost impossible that I was leaving all of you.

I thought of all the yesterdays-the good ones and the bad.
I thought of all the love we shared and all the fun we had.
If I could relive yesterday just even for a while
I'd say good bye and kiss you all 'cause I wanted to see you smile.

But then I fully realized, that this could never be
for all our love and memories would have to take the place of me.
And when I thought of worldly things that I would miss tomorrow,
I thought of you and when I did, my heart just filled with sorrow.

But when I walked thru Heaven's gate, I felt so much at home,
then GOD looked down and smiled at me-from His beautiful golden throne.
He said, "This is eternity, and all I have promised you-
today your life on earth is past, and here life starts anew.

I promise you no tomorrows because a day here will always last
and since each day's the same, there's no longing for the past.
You have been so faithful, so trusting and so true
though there were times you did some things you knew you shouldn't do.

But you have been forgiven and now at last you're free.
So wont you come and take my hand and share my life with me."
So when those tomorrows start without me-don't think we're so far apart-
all of you remember when you think of me, I'm right there in your heart

1 comment:

  1. Ronda thank you for sharing a lovely poem that warms the heart. Memories never grow old and forever stay young.
    Yours,Carol Bell Chambers

    ReplyDelete