Sunday, December 15, 2019

Mothers are Blessings

Your Mother is always with you. She’s the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street, she’s the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you pick, the fragrance of life itself. She’s the cool hand on your brow when you’re not feeling well, she’s your breath in the air on a cold winter’s day. She is the sound of the rain that lulls you to sleep, the colors of a rainbow, she is Christmas morning. Your mother lives inside your laughter. She’s the place you came from, your first home, and she’s the map you follow with every step you take. She’s your first love, your first friend, even your first enemy, but nothing on earth can separate you. Not time, not space, not even death.
Author unknown

I have a friend who used to come to my house every morning and go to school with my children. I did not know that he felt this way about me. These are comments that he made about me on Facebook. I am one blessed person that other children love me.
Thanks Mama. You will always be my second mother. I will never forget your love of a little boy who needed you and your family. You made me part of your family and I will never forget that. My childhood would have been much less without you, Marvin, Jimmy, Jeff, Jerry, Julia and Joey. It was a great time in my life. My response was “thank you”.
No thank you. Y'all saved me. I was loved. I was included. I never felt like I did anything other than to belong. It is a part of me that is still there today. They are my brothers, she is my sister and you are my mother. I couldn't have asked for more. The greatest thing about this is the fact I did not have to ask. You already knew what I needed without being told. That's what mothers do. I had some of the best times of my childhood at your house or the adventures you always took ALL OF your kids on including me.

No comments:

Post a Comment