Friday, November 18, 2011

DEAR SANTA, PLEASE BRING JESUS

     Back in 1990, when I was with a singing group called "The Sounds of Praise" I had an opportunity to be in contact with a man named Billy Graham. Now this is not the famous one, just a small person in Georgia who wrote poems and tried to get them published. It just so happened that he had been to Nashville this day with a Christmas poem that he thought would be significant for this season since the drug increase was so prominent at this time. They told him it was to late in the season to release a Christmas poem so he started back home.
     Our group was practicing at a store we had rented for a Bible book store. He had a flat tire in front of our place so we helped him out. We even rented him a room for the night so he could get a fresh start the next morning. When he saw that we were singing gospel songs, he gave me this poem and told me to use it in anyway I could for God's purpose. As I read the poem, tears flowed down my cheeks and I couldn't finish reading. Jesus said "Suffer the little children to come unto me and forbid them not for of such is the kingdom of Heaven." We started reading this poem on our radio broadcast on Sunday morning and had so many requests that I had it printed on flyer's to give to anyone who wanted it. As you read the following poem just see if it effects your heart and life like it has mine.

Dear Santa,

Please bring Jesus and leave Him under my tree
aw' it wont take you long
and that's all I want for me

I didn't want to ask you for an awlful lot of toys
just bring me Jesus, give the rest to other girls and boys
you see I have no hands to ride a bike
nor eyes for a fancy treat
I need no scooter or kick and go
for I have no feet
don't bring me no cowboy hat
my head's a different shape
no pretty clothes to wear,
I have mine special made.
You see, my mom was a drug abuser
and she took an over dose
y' me even being here
came mighty close
December 25, 1980,
that's the day I was born.
My mom was in a coma
she died the next morn.
But Santa, papa says when Jesus comes
I'll be just like new
I'll be like all my other friends
Billy, Tommy, and Sue
So that is why I ask you Santa
and I hope that you can see
just bring me Jesus
and leave Him under my tree.
               Love
                         Billy
p.s. I hope you enjoy your cake and coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment