Monday, January 10, 2011

SNOW CREAM

The snow of January 2011 has arrived. It started about 8:00 last night and has continued today turning into sleet and snow mixed and now a little rain. It will continue to be cold all week with the low to be about 13 degrees on Thursday. NO SCHOOL. Migraine time for me with 2 little ones under foot. Think I will just turn on the TV and let them watch movies and I will take a nap. But I have to answer the phone. Jeff called from Virginia and he hasn't seen any snow. I pray that he doesn't have to travel in this mess. His destination is New York and I don't know where from there.
Well it is story time again and since I had two calls this morning about the recipes for SNOW Cream, I decided that this would be my topic for today since we have about 7 inches outside. It is almost too cold out side to gather the snow. I pulled a trick and sent my great grandson and my husband out to get the snow so I could stay warm. But I made them the snow cream and cooked a big pot of pinto beans to keep us warm.

You will need:
1 can Pet milk or any evaporated milk
2 eggs
a pinch of salt
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla flavoring
snow, snow, snow about a gallon

Whisk your eggs and sugar together with a little of the Pet milk until the sugar dissolves. Add the rest of the milk with the vanilla and salt. Mix well. Add snow a little at a time until the mixture resembles ice cream. Add more snow until it is thick enough to eat. yum yum

No comments:

Post a Comment