Sunday, December 26, 2010

SLAW via Rhonda

Do you have friends who call for recipes. Well I do but mostly it is friends of my children. I am Granny, Grandma, and now GG. I asked Lee why he started calling me that and his response was that I am his great grandmother and he had 2 grannies. So go figure out kids. This last request was for slaw. Well I thought everyone knew how to make slaw but evidently not. I got this report " But Granny, your tastes better." Do you think it might be because I stick my finger in the mixture to stir it good. HA HA  So here goes. I hope everyone enjoys my little stories as much as I do writing them. I want  to get everything written down just in case I start to forget them.

SLAW

1 medium head of cabbage grated or chopped in food processor
1 cup of mayonnaise
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
season salt (optional)

Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Now if I want to be fancy for a special occasion, I grate a carrot and add to it. Sometimes a chopped tomato or both. Sprinkle with paprika for the presentation. Taste is good but the presentation is better. When it looks good, it usually tastes good.

No comments:

Post a Comment