Thursday, October 14, 2010

"Daddy's Tears" poetry

A little girl can stand beside her dad on tippy toes
and never seems to reach his hand cause he just grows and grows,
but when shes gone away from him and they are far apart,
everything that she does just reaches to his heart.

My dad was always there for me in my growing years
and when I became rebellious, I'm sure he shed some tears.
Moms are sentimental and let their emotions show,
but dads just square their shoulders back and hope no one will know.

After I became a mom, I learned a thing or two
about the many hardships that my dad went through.
Trying to raise three kids alone, he worked the whole day long.
Observing his strength of character is what has made me strong.

When he met his lifetime mate, three turned into seven fold
but that did not deter my dad, then nine became the toted
So his and hers and our became one big family
But there is no difference here cause we were destined to be.

And now he's reached his twilight years-enjoying a baseball game,
yet the twinkle in his eyes still remains the same.
Cherishing all  the memories of  children through the years
and now the moisture in his eyes are just from happy tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment