Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Love of Family History part 1 Ruth Beall Gelders


     Ruth Beall Gelders  was instrumental in my love of the family tree. She made an actual chart of the Bealls back to Ninian Beall , born in Scotland, and many of the family received a copy. My dad, Noble William Beall, was her first cousin so when I got my copy from my dad, I was hooked. I started reading everything I could find about the family. I had just been promoted in my job and had access to a computer. A co-worker helped me learn to navigate around the web  and I started my own tree. When I found the article about Ninian Beall, I started searching about his land in and around Washington DC and  Maryland. I have relatives all the way to Hawaii. Any tidbits about any family member, I add to my Ancestry  tree.  I am interested in hearing from anyone who reads this and will answer any questions if I have answers.
     
     I started writing down anything that I could remember from my childhood about the family so I have some stories that I plan to place on here very soon as time permits. More to come.

SCOTTISH SONG


Far off in sunlit places, Sad are the Scottish faces, 
Yearning to feel the Kiss of sweet Scottish rain. 
Where tropic skies are beaming, Love sets the heart a-dreaming, 
Longing and dreaming for the homeland again. 
Towering in gallant fame, Scotland my mountain hame, 
High may your proud standards gloriously wave, 
Land of my high endeavour, Land of the shining heather, 
Land of my heart for ever, Scotland the brave!


As I began my tales,the first thing I had to establish was an e-mail address. Because I had found the Kim Beall homepage, I went the way she had started. She used krystalrose for a make believe storyline and I loved it.  I loved my name and the history behind it. So beallrose was born about 1993. I have used it ever since. Many people call me Belle or beallrose and I don't mind. But mostly, I am just a granny or Granny Rhonda or "Gran". My e-mail remains the same for about 23 years and that is along time.

T


No comments:

Post a Comment