Friday, October 15, 2010

"Granny's Rocking Chair"

       by Rhonda Jane Beall

Granny read her Bible every single day.
then she would tell us stories to pass the time away.
She told us about Daniel in the lion's den,
and then there was ole Samson who slew 100 men.

As my Gram grew older, her eyes were getting dim.
From her memory came forth songs about a special Man.
She said His name was Jesus and He died for one and all,
that we might have eternal life and I'm waiting for the call.

Memories, memories, of my Granny's rocking chair,
I can still remember when she was sitting there.
She told me about a Man they called the Prince of Peace,
then the angels came along and rocked my Gram to sleep.

Now the rocker's empty and my heart is full of pain,
But I remembered Granny told about a precious Man.
Then Jesus came into my life and filled my heart with love
and someday soon I'll see my Gran in a mansion up above.

No comments:

Post a Comment