Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Love of Family History part 5 Aunt Vivian

I should have started this story in the last chapter as Aunt Vivian was the second oldest child. She took over raising my dad after their mom died. She told her daughter that she had lived 3 life times. Helping to raise her brothers, marriage and raising 6 children, and surviving after the death of her husband. I think to the best of my knowledge, that Eleanor was married when her dad died. I remember going to aunt Vivian's house and spending some time during the summers when I was growing up. Her piano sat next to the kitchen door and it was always covered with song books. She gave piano lessons and played at Cary Park Baptist Church. Her husband, Hoyt, drove a trolley in Atlanta. That is just about all I remember about him and he was very tall. I can remember him reading the paper. My dad said that aunt Vivian use to walk to the end of the trolley line when he got off work just to walk home with him. She also helped him talley his money as he wasn't very good in math. I think that shows a lot of love. I guess it is the little things you remember that stay with you after you are grown. Aunt Vivian always encouraged me to stay with my music lessons. I still can recall walking down the hill from Vivian's house to Lillian's' to pick grapes and tried not to eat all of them before I got back up the hill. I didn't see her much after I married but dad went when every chance  he could until she went into the nursing home. She lived to be in her 90's.

No comments:

Post a Comment