Wednesday, November 24, 2010

In Memory of Ruth Franks Brown

Ruth loved gospel music and everywhere that she went, she always had her guitar. She sang with various groups in the Gordon County area including her family and The Sounds of Praise. She was on their radio broadcast for many years and even recorded a cassette tape with one of the songs that she wrote. The following one is titled "GOD'S AMAZING GRACE."

1. Did you ever stop to think as you travel down life's road,
that the Savior gave His life for you and me.
Did you ever stop to think He can save your soul from sin,
Let me tell what His love has done for me.
Chorus:
It was God's Amazing Grace that saved my soul
and it was God's Amazing Grace that set me free.
and it's God's Amazing Grace that is leading me each day
and someday with Him in Heaven I will be.

2. He said as He was leaving this unfriendly world,
that He'd go prepare a place for you and me.
and we read it in our bible that who-so-ever will,
can go and life with Him eternally.
Repeat Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment